Green Tara is an Excellent Goddess

 Green Tara


Green Tara, the most well-known manifestation of the goddess Tara, a.k.a. Dölma in Tibet. She is a female Buddha in Vajrayana Buddhism, a female bodhisattva in Mahayana Buddhism, and is known as the "mother of liberation". In Hinduism she is one of the ten Mahavidyas.


She is known as a saviouress and deals with protection, but I have found this wonderful goddess to have many, many powers that go far beyond this. So I highly recommend working with her!


My personal practice begins with the recitation of the Praises to the 21 Taras, followed by a personal prayer, then 108 repititions of her mantra, "OM TARE TUTTARE TURE SOHA", pronounced, "AUM TAH-RAY TOO-TAH-RAY TUR-AY SO-HA."


The Meaning of Her Mantra


OM – Tara’s enlightened body, speech and mind

TARE – Liberation from true suffering, the suffering of 

samsara

TUTARE – Liberation from fear and delusion

TURE – Tara is willing to provide all that is required to 

become free from suffering

SOHA – may the meaning of the mantra take root in my mind


Green Tara statue.


First Encounter


How I came to know Tara is an interesting story that I have never shared before but here goes, back in 2015-2016 before I got into ceremonial magick and kabbalah, I worked heavily with Hindu-oriented practices. Kundalini, chakras, pranyama, and mantra. I had a strange dream in which I met a beautiful woman with dark hair. Her eyes were strange, they lit up so brightly and it caused me to realize lucidly that she wasn't a dream character. I felt great love from her. I kept calling her Tara in the dream.


After I woke up I was so moved by the dream experience I googled Tara and discovered the goddess who, as mentioned before, is one of the ten Mahavidyas. Thus I began my first Tara puja. I began to see her name a lot. I bought a mac tablet second hand and to my surprise the user name was registered as Tara. I don't believe that was a coincidence.


There are many versions of Tara, including Red Tara and White Tara. Red Tara helps with love and passion whilst White Tara heals. I have worked with Red Tara and she is so wonderful. I highly recommend her also. I have plans to work with White Tara for my health very soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Damon Brand's Gallery of Magick Patreon Worth Joining?

Experimental Sigils: Retroactive Magick to Change the Past

Experimental Sigils to Lucid Dream, Astral Project, and Silence the Mind